ROGERS, Anna (nee Sauerbeck)

Mrs. ANNA ROGERS (nee Sauerbeck)
Archbold February 24, 1886
L. W. Brown, Secretary of Pioneer Association,
Dear Sir,
My wife Anna was born in Switzerland November 17, 1839, came to Fulton County 1847, married to James F. Rogers March 21, 1863. The mother of Henry O., Thomas W., Charles E., William W., and Grace L. Rogers.
If this is to voluminous, omit whatever you think proper.
Yours Truly James F. Rogers
________________________________________

ANNA ROGERS (nee Sauerbeck)
OBITUARY
Died May 18, 1891, at her residence in German Township, Fulton County, Anna Rogers, wife of James F. Rogers. She was born in Switzerland, Canton Schafhausen, November 17, 1839, and came with her father, Jacob Sauerbeck, to America in 1849; was married about the year 1857 to a Mr. Fisher, father of W. G. Fisher. Some years after the termination of this marital relation, she became, March 21, 1863, the wife of James F. Rogers, one of German Township’s earliest and most worthy citizens. They had six children, five boys and one daughter, all of whom survive their mother, From very early life to her quiet, exemplary death, she was a devout Christian and a faithful church member, first of the German Reformed and then of the M.E. Church. She was a faithful worker in the Sabbath School, and a woman of deep convictions with the full courage of her convictions. As a wife and active sympathetic friend in sickness and in need, she will be greatly missed. For years with her venerable husband she has been a member of the Fulton County Pioneer Association.
Her funeral was very largely attended. Marcus Rogers, recently of Texas, Elmer, Henry, and Charles Rogers of Ft. Wayne, and Mrs. Kennedy (nee Rogers) of Michigan, were present. Rev. W. E. Collett preached an able sermon from the 17th verse of the 22nd chapter of Revelations; the deceased having herself selected that text for a funeral discourse. She also selected some of the hymns used on the occasion and dictated other things regarding her burial. She was buried in Union Cemetery west of the village of Burlington. Farewell, old friend “God be With You Till We Meet Again.”
A FRIEND